Friday 12 March 2010

Belgo - Clapham

I've been to the Belgo in Covent Garden but this time I headed to the Clapham North branch with some work mates for a bite to eat. It's on the high street and is, inside, completely different to the German feasting hall that is Covent Garden's Belgo. I was quite shocked!

This is very metropolitan, busy due to the great dinner deals and is lovely and warm - Not a fact to be sniffed at considering the weather! They needed more staff on and to listen to orders more carefully but otherwise the service was about what I would expect and the menu was yum-tastic.

Fancying a burger as I hadn't eaten all day, I went for the burger with swiss and bacon which was over-mustardy/peppered when it finally arrived. They got my order wrong due to the Beat the Clock menu which is a favourite and as I was already in a rush, I wasn't much impressed by the taste once it had come.

My friends had a lovely meal however! They all went for the Beat the Clock option which is a must. From 5-7pm every night you order a meal and pay a price depending on the time. i.e. 6pm = £6 for the meal. It's a great way to grab a cheap and tasty meal.

The Beat the Clock dishes ordered were:
- Bowl of Marinièremussels served with frites
- Pork and leek sausages with stoemp mash and berry jus

From what I could see, they looked lovely and I wish I'd had the sausages/mash combo! Oh well!

Damage? Not bad at all. About £10 each with some wine.

Vitals

Belgo
44 - 48 Clapham High Road, London, SW4 7UR
Tel: 0207 720 1118
Website: http://www.belgo-restaurants.co.uk

Nearest tube: Clapham North

No comments:

Post a Comment